- Consistent physical activity is required to maintain weight and reduce risks of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, stroke, heart attack, arthritis pain, in addition to symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- In order to maintain your current weight an individual should participate in 150 minutes of moderate activity or 75 minutes of vigorous activity a week.
- In order to lose weight and keep it off, an individual will need a higher amount of activity partnered with a well-balanced eating plan
- Basic physical activity levels should be accomplished in order to prevent possible health risks. Everyone has a conscious choice in deciding what level of activity they wish to reach. It is Kapitol Health’s goal to make that choice a reality.
- Individuals should consume ½ their body weight in ounces
- Consume extra water to match every ounce of caffeine or alcoholic beverages
- Everything should be measured according to serving sizes (kitchen scales can help!)
*if scale is N/A Use fist to gauge each portion
- Keep in mind that restaurant portions can contain 2-4 servings
- Meat should be weighed prior to cooking (therefore a cooked 6 oz. steak is not mistaken for a 10oz.)
*Before consumption…know what you are putting in your mouth!
- Follow a well-balanced diet
- 40-55% Carbohydrates
- <30% Fat intake
- 15-30% protein
*Macronutrient needs can vary between individuals based on their personal goals and/or how their body processes macronutrients
- There are dozens upon dozens of food tracking applications available right at your fingertips. Introduce yourself to them and have them modified to your specifications recommended to you by your nutrition coach. This can assist you in knowing what foods are going into your body, how consistently you are consuming, and where modifications within your diet need attention.
- Make sure to acquire adequate amounts of sleep and recovery time between workouts.
*Individuals should average 7-8 hours of sleep each night
*Exercise programs should incorporate adequate levels of rest and/or appropriate exercise intensity to reduce the risk of providing a negative cortisol affect.